Brother Martin Healy, FMS
70th Jubilee as a Marist Brother
Br. Martin Healy entered the Marist Juniorate in Esopus, NY in 1943. After his postulancy year, he entered the Marist Novitiate in 1947. He professed his first vows on July 26, 1948. After completing a BA in chemistry at Marist College, he began his teaching career at St. Ann’s Academy in NYC and would later serve as a teacher at St. Helena High School in the Bronx, NY, Our Lady of Lourdes High School in Poughkeepsie, and St. Agnes High School in NYC. He also taught at Cardinal Hayes High School in the Bronx, NY, Roselle Catholic High School in NJ, Lacordaire School in Upper Montclair, NJ, and the Academy of St. Elizabeth in Convent Station, NJ. He spent some time working as a part time Hospital Chaplain.
He professed his Final vows on June 30th and the vow of Stability in 1965. He earned an MA in Theology from St. John’s University in 1958.